Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chronicles of a Wannabe Skank

This is an experiment.  I am a scientist, and it is the nature of my work to gather information, make observations, and really throw myself into the field.

So typically when I am living my life as a singleton, looking for love, I make it a point to NOT have anything compromising on my profile (aside from being me).  Due to a major babe shortage, and an influx of loser trying to get with this*, I decided to shake up my account, you know, really add some WOW factors.

Afterall, this is all about being more attractive, or appealing to the opposite sex.

I tweaked just one little thing on my profile - "looking for section."  This is a polite section, as I am not really able to express my interest in a 6'3, super fox of the century.  It merely states that I am interested in a straight man, despite my high school endeavors, 25-31 (no scrubs), and that I am looking for new friends, and long-term dating.

This is how the updates chronicled:

 8:54 PM, not a single text message to respond to, phone on the verge of dying.  Survey says: Basic Bitch.  At this time I began my decent into the debaucherous realm of casual sex.
11:29 AM, still textless.  OKCupid popularity has increased like 300%, though. Pathetic battery.

 
 4:18 PM, OKCupid interest has continued to grow, received an email (probably spam), might have charged my phone for five minutes.

9:12 PM, charging my phone.  Have reached Pittsburgh appeal peak. Satisfied, but still not cool or attractive "in real life."
 12:07 AM, business trip to Columbus, OH.  Someone texted me.  Still awake, charging my phone.  Whole new level of hotness.  Moral of the story, Ohio gets me.  Moving.  Also, new picture, comments include "National Geographic Eyes," end comment.





So, what I have learned in this experiment is, put out, hypothetically, or get out.

Update - did not put out, still alone.  Laughed a lot, though.  Someday I will share some advances.

xoxo, Katie

*

No comments:

Post a Comment